TODAY Kicks Off “Can’t Miss Summer” with Coverage of Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee
All Summer Long, TODAY Will Feature Special Events, Exclusive Guests and News-Making Series: Everything Americans Need To Know To Enjoy the Season
Big Names Include: Lizzo, Robert De Niro, Melissa McCarthy, Gwyneth Paltrow, Steve Carell, Julie Andrews, Laura Dern, Jon Batiste, Dakota Johnson, Jessica Alba, Gloria Estefan, Jack Harlow, Jeff Goldblum, Kevin Bacon and More
NEW YORK – June 1, 2022 – NBC News’ TODAY is launching a summer full of special events, big-name exclusive guests, and news-making series. TODAY’s “Can’t Miss Summer” kicked off this week with coverage of Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee: https://on.today.com/3MeGpHv
All summer long, TODAY will inform, entertain and prepare Americans with everything they need to know to enjoy the season. Programming will include advice from TODAY’s roster of experts in health, wellness, finance and beauty, and news-you-can-use tips on summer savings, safety and travel.
Special guest appearances throughout the summer will include Robert De Niro, Melissa McCarthy, Gwyneth Paltrow, Steve Carell, Julie Andrews, Laura Dern, Dakota Johnson, Jessica Alba, Gloria Estefan, Jeff Goldblum, Kevin Bacon and many more.
TODAY’s Citi Concert Series will include show-stopping performances from Lizzo, Jon Batiste, Maren Morris, Jack Harlow, Walker Hayes, Romeo Santos and more.
In addition, viewers can find TODAY where they want it, whenever they want it. The morning program is available through its 360 experience with TODAY All Day, TODAY.com, TODAY podcasts and showcasts, TODAY Show Radio on Sirius XM, as well as multiple newsletters and social platforms.
Highlights for TODAY’s “Can’t Miss Summer” include:
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- NBC News’ Keir Simmons and Kelly Cobiella continue to report live from London through Friday, June 4 for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- TODAY delivered a live NBC News Special Report Thursday, June 2 for the Trooping of the Colour, featuring commentary by NBC News correspondents on the ground in London.
- TODAY launched a new, original podcast, Born to Rule: When Charles Is King. The five-episode series, hosted by NBC News Senior International Correspondent Keir Simmons, explores what the British monarchy could look like once Prince Charles ascends the throne.
“Citi Concert Series on TODAY”
- TODAY announced the 2022 “Citi Concert Series on TODAY.” Headliners include Lizzo, Jon Batiste, Maren Morris, Walker Hayes, Jack Harlow, Brandi Carlile, Conan Gray, Romeo Santos, Mickey Guyton and more: https://on.today.com/3sOcL4S
Big Name Celebrity Guests
- Big special guest appearances throughout the summer months on TODAY include Robert De Niro, Melissa McCarthy, Dakota Johnson, Gloria Estefan, Andy Garcia, John Grisham, Emma Thompson, Jon Favreau, Jeff Goldblum, Jessica Alba, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Bacon and many more .
- TODAY launched to 30-Day Walking Plan throughout the month of June. Fitness expert Stephanie Mansour paired up with TODAY to create an accessible walking plan. The first half will focus on 20-minute daily walks and the second half will incorporate a strength training routine. Read more here: https://on.today.com/3x44HOM
- the 3rd Hour of TODAY launched a walking challenge that will feature collaborative exercise goals, playlist recommendations, and stories and tips from various fitness experts. Al Roker’s walking coach from the Brooklyn Half Marathon, Hiruni Wijayaratne, will share her recs from her.
Summer Savings and Safety
- All summer long TODAY will keep viewers informed on ways to save on goods, services and travel. TODAY will also live-blog deals and savings in July for Amazon PrimeDay.
- TODAY will focus on key summer safety tips at the pool, on the beach, in the backyard and at the grill.
- Carson Daly shares powerful mental health stories of everyday men and women and how they cope in his Mind Matters series. All summer long, TODAY will focus on wellness and mental health and will air several special Mind Matters segments with Daly.
- Info on TODAY’s upcoming Mind Matters pieces for Mental Health Awareness month below. This summer, TODAY will feature many additional Mind Matters segments.
- Carson Daly interviews Platoon instructor Kendall Toole who shares her mental health journey and message of hope in a TODAY exclusive Friday, June 3.
- TODAY ALL DAY (TODAY’s streaming channel) airs Mind Matters: Fighting The Youth Mental Health Crisis a special hosted by Carson Daly airing in June.
- Al Roker, Carson Daly and Craig Melvin head to Coney Island for a Father’s Day adventure Friday, June 17. They will visit Luna Park, Coney Island’s famed amusement park, as well as the Brooklyn Cyclones Stadium.
- Carson Daly interviews a father for Mind Matters who shares his story of creating a tea company after using green tea to help his son manage anxiety.