Cooking Time: 9 Minutes
4 new potatoes, boiled in their jackets
½ cup vinaigrette dressing, plus 2 tablespoons
½ pound fresh green beans, cut in half-inch pieces and steamed
1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
1 tablespoon minced shallots
1½ tablespoons tarragon vinegar
4 tuna steaks, each ¾-inch thick, about 1 pound
salt and pepper
8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
12 grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
½ cup pitted olives (black, green, nicoise, or combination)
2 boiled eggs, peeled and halved lengthwise
1. Quarter potatoes and toss with 1 tablespoon salad dressing.
2. Toss the warm beans with the other tablespoon of salad dressing. Set both aside while you prepare the
3. Mix together the herbs, shallots, and vinegar and rub into all sides of tuna. Season fish to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cook tuna at 390°F for 7minutes and check. If needed, cook 2 minutes longer, until tuna is barely pink in the center.
5. Spread the lettuce over a large platter.
6. Slice the tuna steaks in ½-inch pieces and arrange them in the center of the lettuce.
7. Place the remaining ingredients around the tuna. Diners create their own plates by selecting what they
want from the platter. Pass remainder of salad dressing at the table.